Archeological Site of Castellos
Inside the Belvedere castle on the hill Kastellos, there are three small single – aisled churches among the ruins of the castle. They are saved in a relatively good condition. Based on the fragmented frescoes they date back to the 14th or 15th century.
Near the entrance of the castle lies the church of the Presentation of Virgin Mary, which was built in two phases. Its wall decoration is better preserved in the newest part on the west and dates back to the second half of the 14th century. Some fragments of the wall paintings from the small church of Saint Anastasia in the southwestern part of the fort come from the same period. This small church was built on the ruins of two ancient reservoirs.
In the northwestern part of the Belvedere castle, the church of the Assumption also has a very damaged pictorial decoration, which was painted in 1467 by the painter George Pelegris according to a preserved inscription.