Church of Christ the Savior in Kassanoi
The Temple of Christ the Savior is located northwest of the village Kassanoi and its foundation goes back to the second Byzantine period (around 1260). The church, which was formerly parish, is dedicated to the birth of Jesus Christ and it seems to have been built on the ruins of an earlier building. The frescoes relate to three different periods, representing the evolutionary phases of painting in Crete (13th to 15th century). The niche of the sanctuary is raised and open.