Among the churches of Thrapsano, the most noteable one, especially because of its size, is the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. The large two-aisled church relates to the work of the early 20th century (it was probably built in 1905), and its completion took 10 years.
The wooden temple has interesting icons and pictures of saints in a natural size, which were made on Holy Mount Athos in 1916. The bell tower of the church has been a current addition and it has been built with the assistance of the residents at the exact place where the old one used to be in the past. The church was used as a hospital during the period of Second World War.