Saint Marina’ s chapel is on the south of the village of Voni. It attracts a large number of believers on July 17 each year, as the memory of St. Marina is associated with curing illnesses and diseases. In the past, the location of the small church was Chosref Aga’s property, who later sold it to John Kaparounakis, resident of Thrapsano. Back then the church was dilapidated and it was not included in the contract of the transaction. So the church was re-built in 1901 by residents of both settlements of Arkalohori and Voni. Today a larger temple and guesthouses have been built next to this first church, for the numerous visitors who arrive on the day that honors St Marina’s memory.
Monastery of Agia Marina (Saint Marina) in Voni