Primary School of Patsideros
In the courtyard of the Church of the Assumption in Patsideros there was a school that according to long tradition used to work as “krifo sholio” (secret school), serving the needs of the children of Patsideros and of a wider region. According to residents of Patsideros, the first teacher of the school was Michael Pateropoulos, a surname which is maintained until now in the village. Let us say here that Nikos Kazantzakis mentions Michael Pateropoulos as his teacher in his book “A Report to Greco”. In 1896, both the monastery and the school were destroyed during the Revolution and the school remained closed until 1899. It finally closed in 1926.