The first Primary School of Thrapsano was founded in 1870 by the Holy Archdiocese of Crete. At first it had only one class and the teachers’ salaries were given by the Christian elders and the books that were used were ecclesiastical.
The building, which houses the Primary School of Thrapsano until now, was given back to students on 3 April 1930. The school building was financed by the State, the Thrapsano Community, the Church, the locals and other individuals. There were also donations from abroad. The building is proposed to be preservable, it is in a very good condition and it retains the elegance since it was founded, as there have been no changes that would alter its features.